AbbVie's Manufacturing and Engineering BTS organization is helping to transform the business by connecting information across Operations (Manufacturing, Engineering systems) and Enterprise Data Lakes to support our patients. This is an exciting opportunity to be a leader in that change. This position will be responsible for establishing and delivering Portfolio processes and capabilities to improve the BTS organization by aligning to strategic initiatives. The candidate will have direct management responsibility of Project Managers and is accountable for the success of the Manufacturing and Engineering BTS Portfolio. This candidate will report directly into the Manufacturing Operations BMO/PMO organization with alignment into the Manufacturing and Engineering BTS organization.
This position is expected to work with minimal oversight and has significant impact on the performance and perception of the Manufacturing and Engineering BTS organization. Visibility across this large organization will provide the candidate with ongoing opportunities for continued knowledge and growth.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for the successful execution/delivery of the Manufacturing and Engineering Portfolio programs and projects by coordinating multi discipline (both technical and business) cross functional teams.
- Responsible for Manufacturing and Engineering BTS intake management, portfolio management, resource management, and operations management capabilities for the entire Manufacturing and Engineering BTS organization. Overarching program financials and drive business value.
- Deliver the long range planning (LRP) and capital planning activities for the Manufacturing and Engineering BTS organization. Align with the business to implement a common strategy and plan to achieve business goals.
- Ensure consistent execution of intake management, portfolio management, resource management, financial management and operations management processes across Manufacturing and Engineering BTS disciplines adhering to Portfolio and PMO methodologies and standards governed by the Enterprise PMO, Compliance and Manufacturing & Operations.
- Responsible for Portfolio and Strategic Management Plans and Business Review and Portfolio Management meetings.
- Strong cross-domain collaboration across Manufacturing Operations Portfolios and BTS ePMO to ensure coordinated and consistent program delivery, share insights, highlight synergies, issues, risks, dependencies and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Create and sustain business literacy in the BTS organization; maintain clarity about values, visions, meaning, and purpose in BTS/business integration.
- Evaluate cross organizational planned and unplanned requests with scope, timing, impacts of projects to the Portfolio. Manage impacts to Portfolio.
- Accountable for delivering and communicating the status of the portfolio and value/benefits created by Manufacturing and Engineering BTS projects.
- Promote and implement ITIL based processes to ensure cost effective, continuous operation of the Manufacturing and Engineering systems.
- Align with Application Managed Services Organizations to ensure overall application support and health.
- Direct management of Program and Project Managers with strong growth and development plans.
- Coach and mentor Manufacturing and Engineering BTS leaders, employees, and contractors on standard processes and PMO best practices for running an IT organization like a business.
- Maintain a balance scorecard to illustrate and monitor Manufacturing and Engineering BTS performance.
- Benchmark Manufacturing and Engineering BTS performance against industry, AbbVie BTS, and peer IT organizations.
- Effectively identify and communicate current BTS performance capabilities and opportunities for improvement to executive level business leaders.
- Work directly with the Director of Manufacturing and Engineering BTS to translate performance goals into process improvement initiatives.
- Measure, monitor and manage business partner satisfaction and develop/manage action plans to improve as applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 10 to 13 years of work experience including project management, portfolio management, strategic planning, and application support
- Project Management experience of Manufacturing execution, Packaging, Plant Maintenance and Engineering systems - Strongly preferred
- Execution of Manufacturing execution, Packaging, Plant Maintenance and Engineering projects - Strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of the disciplines necessary to run a Bio-Pharma IT and OT organization
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry and GxP strongly preferred
- Expert working knowledge and hands-on experience with project and portfolio management processes and tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of Enterprise wide application development, implementation and enhancements of Manufacturing and Engineering platforms
- Broad awareness of ITIL processes, IT industry and IT maturity models
- Ability to work cross functionality to achieve performance improvement objectives
- Experience planning and implementing process improvement initiatives
- Track record of driving deliverables to conclusion and managing issues within a team
- Ability to prepare and present executive level presentations, communicate and persuade Business and IT executives
- Strong data analytical abilities to derive and communicate trends
- Experience in direct management of 5 - 10 resources with a strong growth and development model
- MS Project Server skills required
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite of products
- PMP certification required
Associated topics: fertilize, fork lift, garden, inventory, manage, plant, production management, scanner, ship, transplant