* *Requirement*: Administrative experience preferred but not necessary.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
*Summary:* Performs a variety of clerical duties, including answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing, word processing, office machine operation and filing.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Trains other staff members to perform work activities, such as using computer applications.
* Answers telephones, directs calls, takes messages and runs errands.
* Prepares meeting agendas, attends meetings and records/transcribes minutes.
* Makes travel arrangements.
* Completes work schedules, manages calendars and arranges appointments.
* Opens and routes incoming mail, answers correspondence and prepares outgoing mail.
* Compiles, copies, sorts and files records of office activities, business transactions and other activities.
* Completes and mails bills, contracts, policies, invoices and checks.
* Operates office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
* Types, formats, proofreads and edits correspondence, reports and other documents.
* Reviews files, records and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
* Computes, records and proofreads data and other information.
* Processes and prepares documents, such as business or government forms and expense reports.
* Maintains and updates filing, inventory, mailing and database systems.
* Communicates with customers, employees and others to answer questions; disseminates or explains information; takes orders and addresses complaints.
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 256254
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.