The Machine Operator 2 performs duties to operate CNC multi-axis lathes, machine tools, grinders or vertical machining centers to produce close tolerance parts of varied materials.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform standardized machine set-up for CNC multi-axis lathes, machine tools, grinders, or vertical machining centers through first part of machine.
- Indicate tools on multi-axis lathes within the specified time limit.
- Perform standard work as assigned.
- Read and understand blueprints to perform job functions.
- Load and remove components from machine as required.
- Check piece part dimensions. Notify Team Leader of part dimensional discrepancies.
- Notify set-up person or Team Leader of equipment, material, or operating problems.
- Remove chips from machine and replace chip containers as needed.
- Operate a variety of precision measuring tools including Micrometers, Vernier Calipers, and gauges.
- Operate equipment including deburring tools, pallet trucks, hand tools, hoists, and computer.
- Ability to use floor terminals to perform job tasks such as punching in and off jobs, reviewing work instructions and drawings, etc.
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Understand and follow all safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to convert between metric and imperial units.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. 1-3 years' experience as a machinist.
Frequently lifting or moving average weight material. Occasionally lifting or moving average weight material in difficult work positions. Ability to lift, move, pull, push or carry anywhere from 5 to 25 lbs with a max of 50 lbs at times.
Associated topics: automated, cad, cnc machine, cnc machining, composite laminator, computer aided design, fabrication, machine operator, precision, programming