* GE Aviation * Experienced * Posted 2/25/2019 6:55:22 PM * 3258616 * Job Function: Manufacturing * Business Segment: Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Location(s): United States; New York; Norwich
Unison Industries, a wholly owned subsidiary of GE Aviation, is a world leader in the design and manufacture of electrical components, sensors and systems for aircraft, industrial, marine, military and space. Unison's products span the globe and can be found on almost anything flying from two place trainer airplanes to giant 747's and rockets traveling to space. We presently have an opening for a 1st shift Machine Operator 2, working from 7:00AM-3:30PM.
* Operate any type and size of single spindle, multiple spindle on a variety of operations such as drilling, reaming, boring, tapping, spot facing, countersinking, etc. * Work with close tolerances and fine finishes * Perform tool offset and load parts * Perform job responsibilities according to internal process specifications and third-party requirements * Use all tools, jigs, fixtures, and gages necessary to perform operations * Perform duties on proto-type or first time builds * Utilize proper PPE, safety equipment, and follow safety procedures * Participate in team initiatives * Cross-train as needed in the department * This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
* High School Diploma or GED * 1 year machine shop experience
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment. * Ability and willingness to use basic hand tools and measuring devices (i.e. - dial calipers, rulers, tape measures, protractors, micrometers, gauges, etc.) as required within department * Basic understanding of blueprint and process sheet interpretation * Perform basic mathematical calculations involving decimals, ratios, etc.
* 1-3 years machine shop experience in a manufacturing environment * Education and/or training in machine shop operations * Experience in a self-directed team environment * Lean manufacturing knowledge * Experience working with manual and CNC equipment including but not limited to lathes, mills, etc.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New York; Norwich
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.