Machine Operator, 1st Shift (ML)
Location Hartland - Wisconsin
A globally leading technology group, Heraeus is headquartered in Hanau, Germany. Founded in 1851, it is a family-owned portfolio company which traces its roots back to a pharmacy opened by the family in 1660. Today, Heraeus combines businesses in the environmental, energy, electronics, health, mobility and industrial applications sectors. In the 2017 financial year, the FORTUNE Global 500-listed company generated a total revenue of ?21.8 billion. Our promise to about 13,000 employees is to enable them to develop their own ideas and to drive them forward.
Your role and responsibilities
* Job summary - As a Machine Operator you will operate automated and/or semi-automated production process machinery within company safety, quality, and quantity guidelines and according to work procedures.
* Start up and shut down the machine, load and unload materials, maintain optimal machine settings, and regulate the machine in a controlled manner.
* May also pack, label, and palletize product.
* Troubleshoot, analyze, recognize and fix minor faults and disruptions in a timely manner (when they occur or are going to occur).
* Problem solves using the HMI (Human Machine Interface) touchscreen.
* Change over the machines from one product to another within the defined range of duties.
* Apply insight into fault analysis and diagnostic techniques autonomously such as collecting relevant information about the possible causes and backgrounds of problems and clearly formulating information related to a problem.
* Inform the Machine Technician, supervisor or team lead of major faults immediately.
* Perform and apply clearly-described 5S maintenance activities when applicable such as cleaning, lubricating, and preventive inspecting and ensuring the cleanliness of the machine and production line.
* Previous experience with mechanized production
* Prior automated machine operation experience a plus.
* Process and follow verbal directions and written instructions.
* Communicate clearly and effectively. Read, write, and understand English fluently.
* Possess basic level computer and mathematics skills.
* Problem solves and thinks critically, independently, and creatively.
* Work closely with others as part of a team as well as independently.
* Use measurement and weighing devices and has a general understanding of units of measure, both English and metric.
* Record information.
* Possess the ability to modify the work schedule to meet company needs.
* Volunteer for overtime and additional assignments willingly.
* Ability and desire to work consistently Monday through Friday on 1st shift (5:00 AM - 1:00 PM)
* Complete a pre-placement physical exam, background check, and drug screen with favorable results.
* Ability to complete other duties and/or tasks as assigned.
Our recruiting team will carefully review and consider each individual application. Qualified candidates will be contacted for further discussion. We thank you for your consideration and appreciate your interest in Heraeus. For more information, please visit www.heraeus.com/careersusa.
Associated topics: cnc machining, composite laminator, computer aided design, computer aided manufacturing, computer numeric control, computer aided manufacturing, computerized numerical control, fabrication, precision machining, smt machine