Sr. Process Development Engineer, Precision Machining
1742 Hammocks Beach Trl
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands-including Club Car?, Ingersoll Rand?, Thermo King?, Trane?, American Standard? Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO? - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The AdvancedManufacturing Development Engineer position is responsible for developingPrecision Machining as a core competency for Ingersoll Rand. The role will improve our current processesand identify, develop and deploy future processes utilizing industry leading,innovative technology necessary to meet Company and customer expectations.
The position isresponsible to define what good looks like, support the creation of a road mapto get to good and deliver robust solutions to achieve it. The position is also responsible to evaluatethe current process, equipment and skills to enable a fact-basedgap/opportunity analysis as the foundation of the roadmap. Technology deployment initiatives willinclude creation of standard work, process controls, and quality and safetyelements as well skills development of stakeholders.
* Increasecapability, competency and capacity in precision machining in IR facilities * Executetactical experiments to validate technology and solutions for precisionmanufacturing process * Createstandards for material optimized machine cycle parameters, cutting tools,environmental controls, machining fluids, equipment & controls, and partfixturing to enable achievement of print tolerances * Drivenew technology development (examples: grind models, active geometry error reduction, thermal management,vibration damping, near net shape mfg) * Developand execute maturity assessments at scoped plants * Performresearch into new manufacturing technologies and propose means of prove out toleadership * Leadselect problem solving efforts in alignment with group objectives
* Developand implement recommendations for improving efficiency and profitability ofplants * Increaseprocess optimization through use of Company standards and systems * Utilizeproven tools such as Project Management 3P, Moonshining, Advanced ProductQuality Planning (APQP), 8D, best practice leveraging, standard work, etc? * Businessacumen around standard costing and direct costing * Capitalproject management
* Driveengineering principles and discipline through mentoring, training and projectreviews * Provide/supporttraining to stakeholders in key areas related to precision machining * Developand implement recommendations for improving precision capability and efficiencyof plants * Workin coordination with other cross functional team to deliver optimized results * Abilityto translate engineering goals and objectives into successful strategies thatlead to tactical plans is required for this role * Abilityto coach people, manage technology, embrace financial goals and utilizecustomer-focused decision making * Abilityto work effectively in a variety of geographical regions and cultures acrossthe World
Demonstrated Proficiency is required inthe following areas:
* Directleadership of continuous improvement initiatives * Processstandardization (equipment, tools, process, standard work, training, designguides, etc.) * Deepworking knowledge of precision machining processes, electro-mechanical systemsand CNC/PLC applications * Abilityto systematically assess manufacturing issues related to achieving challenginggeometries and tolerancing * Fullunderstanding of machine tool architecture and behavior * Advancedproblem solving in mechanical, electronic and algorithmic arenas * Abilityto utilize engineering principles to develop robust manufacturing processes * Fluentknowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, machining, assembly and quality controlprocesses * Understandingof Lean Six Sigma programs * Communication,team leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills at all levels of theorganization (operator to sector leaders * Abilityto use such management-leadership techniques such as; project mgt., objectivedevelopment and project review disciplines * Strongleadership skills to drive engineering principles and processes * Stronginterpersonal and organizational skills * ExtensivePC Skills: Excel, Word, Access, and CAD
Degree Required & Experience:
* Bachelor'sdegree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is required. Master's degree or higher is stronglypreferred. * 10years experience in manufacturing engineering environment. Will consider a combination of workexperience and higher degree. * 5years of precision manufacturing experience is highly desired * Abilityto travel both domestic and international up to 25% is required.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.