Kelly Services is sourcing for an experienced Machinist for a customer in the North Tonawanda, NY area.
This is a Direct Hire position.
A Machinist is considered to be a craftsman within the Machine Shop. Individual must be able to perform a wide variety of operations on
various parts, weldments & metals. Individual must be able to program, setup & operate Large Horizontal Boring Mill.
- 2-3 years programming experience on large horizontal boring mills
- 3-8 years relevant experience (experience in -job shop- environment preferred)
- Ability to read/interpret engineered drawings and willingness to interface with engineering department
- Must be proficient with measuring equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude & math skills required
- Rigging experience a plus
Mastercam experience a plus
CMM Experience a plus
- Program mills by building & entering instructions (code), including all aspects of job set-up, calculations, tools, operating parameters and dimensional validation.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to appropriate standards
- Maintain specifications by observing process & part quality; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Perform set-up and tear down/clean-up of machining centers.
- Utilize measuring devices - including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, tape measure, scales, etc-
- Perform pre and post-machining inspections to verify critical fabrication or material tolerance requirements.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Shift: 1st
- Pay: DOE
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to contact Joann at 219-###-#### or ...@kellyservices.com.
CMM and Mastercam a plus
Customer offers Health, dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance
At Kelly Services, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
About Kelly Services
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Associated topics: cnc fabricating, cnc machine, cnc machining, computer aided design, computer aided manufacturing, computer numeric control, computer aided design, computer aided manufacturing, computerized numerical control, precision machining