Ensure consistent production of safe, quality product by following corporate and government guidelines. Supervise Quality Assurance associates. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
* Provide leadership to the plant in areas of food safety and product quality.
* Serve as liaison for governmental inspections.
* Participate in corporate regulatory compliance inspections and audits.
* Audit plant sanitation process through environmental testing, product testing and physical inspections.
* Assure that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are consistently and effectively followed and ensure pest control program compliance.
* Support quality initiatives by participating in routine Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) walkthroughs and participating in or leading any food safety or quality initiatives.
* Monitor to ensure that Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Hazard Analysis and Risk-based Preventive Controls (HARPC), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs), allergen programs, formulations, and finished product consistently meet specification.
* Assure that Quality Assurance staff is properly trained and resourced.
* Ensure thorough and effective annual training of Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices GMPs and Food Safety Programs.
* Assure that record keeping is accurate and meets Kroger, SQF and government regulations.
* Ensure receiving procedures for incoming and outgoing ingredients are in compliance with quality and safety standards.
* Investigate consumer comments, collaborate with production on resulting action plans.
* Assist Corporate Food Technology (CFT) with product development, product audits and calculation of raw materials.
* Provide support to production in continuous improvement effort.
* Provide feedback to suppliers to improve relationships and resolve quality issues.
* Assist the staff management team in all Safe Quality Food policies and requirements.
* Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
* Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
* Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in food science or a related field
* Preventative Control Qualified Individual certification
* SQF practitioner certified
* 5+ year's quality assurance lab experience
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
* Ability to apply statistical process control concepts
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Desired Previous Job Experience:
* Thorough working knowledge of food safety and microbiological concepts
* Plant QA Assistant Manager
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Turkey Hill Minit Markets Jobs: Turkey Hill Minit Markets is always looking for exceptional Associates to work in our convenience stores and at our corporate office in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a job opportunity with Turkey Hill Minit Markets, we welcome you to complete an online application today.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering ? a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service ? in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of America's most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Associated topics: assistant general manager, assistant restaurant manager, day shift manager, front end, grocery store manager, night manager, night shift manager, operations manager, restaurant general manager, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.