Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Under limited supervision, the Production Machinist performs semi-repetitive specialized machine operations. Provides technical assistance to production associates, while following safety policy and procedures.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Assists in setting up complex production equipment and conducts tests, analyses and calibrates assemblies in accordance with company policy and safety procedures
* Installs, maintains, repairs, rebuilds and operates a variety of machining tools including lathes, milling machines, drill presses, etc.
* Diagnoses problems, disassembles, determines extent of repair necessary or feasible, repairs, refits or replaces worn or defective parts and reassembles
* Makes ordinary replacements of new parts and/or complete new assemblies and selects materials, plans and performs machining operations on new or replacement parts
* Works to specifications, from both oral and written instructions, sketches, blueprints, engineering drawings and manuals with little supervision
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations is preferred.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 7 years or more of relevant experience
* Experience in semi-repetitive specialized machine operations
* Strong experience in machining tools
* Ability to use hand tools and machinery
* Able to follow instructions, sketches, blueprints, engineering drawings and manuals
* Capable of problem-solving: Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
* Effective oral and written communication
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-###-#### or ...@meggitt.com.