Under general supervision, performs a wide range of complex CNC and manual machining operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Sets up, operates and programs CNC equipment.
* Reads/Interprets process sheets, blueprints and engineering drawings to determine machining requirements.
* Selects and installs tools and/or automatic tool magazines.
* Observes numerical displays on control panel and compares with data to determine if adjustments are necessary.
* Makes adjustments to correct machine performance.
* Inspects pasts for dimensional conformance using CMM, calipers, micrometers and height gauges.
* Troubleshoots machining programs.
* Performs preventative maintenance on machining equipment.
* Assists in training lower skilled classifications as required.
* Follows established housekeeping and safety practices to maintain the quality of the work environment.
* Makes decisions when general instructions, established methods and clearly defined precedents indicate action to be taken, but refers unusual problems to supervisors.
* Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
* Must have complete high school or obtained a GED or equivalent.
* 3 plus years' experience preferred.
* Conventional and/or CNC machinist certificate preferred.
* Able to complete Machinist certifications as required in grade system.
* Able to read and comprehend English.
* Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Able to apply concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
* Able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Able to legibly record data.
* Able to use moderate to complex measuring devices and fixtures.
* Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Willing to work overtime.
* Able to meet individual productivity requirements.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Associated topics: automated, automatic, cad, cnc machine, computer numeric control, computer aided design, computer aided manufacturing, computerized numerical control, fabrication, precision