Summary: Under direct supervision, will learn andperform tasks including but not limited to assisting in setting up tools, dies,and equipment for production of material as specified by work orders,blueprints and diagrams. Load and unloadparts on roll machines. Makes minoradjustments and performs coil and line changeovers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Successfully completes 3 months orientation onthe roll forming process including roll mill set-up and preset, roll millmaintenance and cleaning, coil changes & welding, routing & packagingprocedures, measuring instruments, and basic roll line set up.
* Uses knowledge of manufacturing software andlabel software to ensure production needs are is accurately identified andrecorded.
* Will assist with loading and unloading thematerials from the equipment while using guarding, cranes, bundling materials,and material moving equipment.
* Successfully completes 9 to 15 months basictraining on shop floor safety, roll mill set-up and preset, roll millmaintenance and cleaning, coil changes & welding, routing & packagingprocedures, measuring instruments, and basic roll line set up.
* Under direct supervision, will safely set-up theroll line and produce roll-formed parts while using blueprints and set-up drawings.
* Follow all established safety guidelines andOSHA requirements; wear required PPEs.
* Follows all established safety guidelines andproduction procedures, including those for ISO-9000:2008
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment bypracticing basic shop housekeeping.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement Program.
* Adhere to company policies and procedures.
* Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty at a satisfactory level. The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general educationdegree (GED); and six months experience in a manufacturing environment and/ortraining; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should havebasic computer skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Other Skills and Abilities: Knowledgeand the understanding of using hand tools and good math skills.
Competencies to perform the job successfully: Problem Solving - Technical Aptitude - Quality Consciousness -Safety Oriented - Judgment - Dependability - Form Perception
Physical Demands: The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee isregularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Theemployee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Theemployee is occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear. Theemployee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and frequently liftand/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depthperception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The workenvironment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee isrequired to wear personal protective equipment such as steel toed shoes, safetyglasses with side shields and hearing protection. The employee is regularly exposed to movingmechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to temperatures that maybe affected by outside temperatures and machining. The employee is occasionallyexposed to fumes, airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in thework environment is usually loud.
Associated topics: corrugate, corrugator, illustrator, pressman, press operator, reel, roll operator, roll printer, web press, web print