The CNC Machinist - Lathes sets up and operates computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts per work order/drawing requirements in a safety conscious and quality-focused manner. The role is accountable to load parts in the machine, cycle the machine and detect malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. The CNC Machinist - Lathes utilizes hand tools to deburr, de-gate, or polish and package all production in accordance with the router steps and stamps off operations before moving to the next operation. The position runs productions lots, communicates with co-workers regarding production runs, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment.
* Read blueprint drawings, job orders, tooling instructions or standard charts to determine specification procedures.
* Program (G Code), set-up and run various machine tools on a CNC lathe machine.
* Load and indicate part to fixture and secure the work piece in the holding device.
* Select suitable tools and cutters to perform the required operations.
* Position and secure tools and tool holders to tool heads.
* Monitor tool wear and change tools and inserts as required.
* Use appropriate measuring equipment (such as micrometers, Vernier, height gauges, bore gauges etc.) to ensure that all components produced meet customer specifications.
* Make quality parts that meet customer specifications and deadlines, without rejection, in a fast paced work environment.
* Meet ongoing production quotas while working within very close tolerances in a machine-shop production environment.
* Perform routine machine maintenance.
* Contribute towards continuous improvement processes and projects in the areas of output, quality, cost and delivery.
* Maintains work space before, during, and after each scheduled shift in accordance with 5S principles.
* Contribute to team effort by performing other supporting tasks as directed by the Shift Supervisor or Lead.
This position is subject to export controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Qualified applicants for the position must meet the ITAR definition of 'U.S. Person' at 22 C.F.R. 120.15 as a: U.S. citizen or national, lawful permanent resident, or protected individual (including, for example, refugees and asylees). In addition, qualified candidates will possess:
* HS Diploma or GED certificate
* Minimum 3 years previous work experience as a CNC Machinist with understanding of CNC lathe machines.
* Experience handling large, heavy parts as well as small components.
* Ability to read, understand and follow written materials including blueprint drawings, job orders, etc.
* Knowledge of and ability to use measuring instruments.
* Basic computer knowledge and good math skills.
* Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
* Strong work ethic, attention to detail, good attendance and flexibility to work overtime as needed.
* Availability to work a 2nd shift schedule.
* Manual dexterity required to operate machinery and program equipment.
* Good vision to read written materials and measuring instruments.
* Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Associated topics: automated machinery, cad, cnc machining, computer aided manufacturing, computerized numerical control, fabrication, machine operator, precision, precision machining, smt machine