The Machine Operator will perform tasks to set up machine and materials for machine operation. Monitor and troubleshoot machine during shift. May perform minor repairs as necessary. May operate forklift to supply material to production area. Practice a high level of business ethics, professionalism, safety and quality in all activities in accordance with Samson strategy and core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate production machinery within standard operating procedures (SOPs), follow all safety procedures and requirements, adhere to product constructions (materials, machinery setup, machine operation), maintain a clean work area and comply with 5S.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance (PMs) on production machinery. Troubleshoot production machinery.
- Perform equipment change-overs. Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use and during machine setups.
- Maintain and transport material supply adhering to just in time manufacturing principles.
- Responsible for quality control. Notify lead or supervisor if product does not meet quality specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees
- Complete production tickets and other required paperwork. Communicate with operators from other shifts.
- Participate in process improvement programs (i.e.: lean).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be directed.
Required: Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required with a working knowledge of percentages and fractions. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
Desired: Fork Lift Certification Experience
Desired: Previous experience in a production work environment desired Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals and build relationships with coworkers
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, and to take verbal direction
- Basic computer skills including the use of Microsoft Windows and Internet
- Ability to gather, record and report on operational and quality metrics, through manual or automated systems
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot minor machine failures, make minor adjustments and perform preventative maintenance
Associated topics: automated machinery, cad, cnc, cnc fabricating, cnc machine, cnc machining, computer aided manufacturing, computer aided manufacturing, fabrication, programming