Smith & Nephew supports healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries in their daily efforts to improve the lives of their patients. We do this by taking a pioneering approach to the design of our advanced medical products and services, by securing wider access to our diverse technologies for more customers globally, and by enabling better outcomes for patients and healthcare systems.
We have leadership positions in:
* Orthopaedics Reconstruction - joint replacement systems for knees, hips and shoulders
* Advanced Wound Management - wound care treatment and prevention products used to treat hard-to-heal wounds
* Sports Medicine - minimally invasive surgery of the joint
* Trauma & Extremities - products that help repair broken bones
We have around 15,000 employees around the world. Annual sales in 2016 were more than $4.6 billion. We are a constituent of the UK's FTSE100 and our shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange and through American Depository Receipts on the New York Stock Exchange (LSE: SN, NYSE: SNN)
This position requires a person to perform simple set ups and operate manual/CNC equipment to manufacture medical components from raw material in a team based environment.
Must be able to comply with all governing rules including S.N.E. policies and procedures and adhere to safety and cleanliness practices in the work place.
This position works under close supervision.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
Machine medical components, including but not limited to:
Perform simple set ups and operate manual/CNC equipment, including turning, milling, grinding, drilling, tapping, EDM and honing.
* Set up and operate various inspection instruments as required.
* Read and understand blue prints.
* Establish cutter compensation and tool offsets.
* Identify and change dull tooling.
Complete and understand documentation needed to comply with S.N.E. policies, Quality Manual and procedures including but not limited to:
* FDA, QSR and various domestic and international standards and regulations.
* Company policies and procedures.
* Labor transactions and bar code scanning.
Work in a team environment using the skills of communicating, listening and participating in developing continuous improvement on products and processes.
Safety, cleanliness of equipment and company product, including but not limited to:
* Simple maintenance as required.
* Clean work area as needed.
* Complies with all health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and job hazard assessments applicable to specified job activities including medical evaluations as required by job function.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Associated topics: automated, automatic, cad, cnc fabricating, cnc machine, composite laminator, computer numeric control, computerized numerical control, machine operator, smt machine