The Machinist Operator Technical Lead position produces machine parts by setting up and operating manual Lathes & Mills along with operating a CNC Machine. Provides support to other Machinists; work assignments, technical support and meeting daily business goals under the supervision and direction of Team Lead.?Demonstrate the ability to communicate in English verbally and written.
* Blue print reading and interpretation.
* Programs machine by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry, proving part programs.
* Machine parts to specifications using machines such as manual lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
* Measures, examine, and test completed parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
* Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced vibration tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
* Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
* Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
* Handling of customer hardware using proper methods.
* Use of precision measuring instruments to verify dimensions of product for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
* Read, understand, and completes job routers.
* Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department team lead.
* Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements.
* Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
* Provides technical advice to Machinists
* Monitors work flow to drive successful completion of Daily Goals