Set-up and operates CNC and Manual Grind machine to process customer hardware.?Read and interpret blueprints, overhaul manuals, specifications, and repair procedures.
* Compute basic math.
* Set-up and operate ID/OD CNC and manual grinder to perform specific operations per router.
* Engineer new set-ups and runs more than one type of machine.
* Understanding and utilization of ASME Y14.5 geometric dimension and tolerance principles.
* Yield on 1st run with little supervision.
* Works with exotic metals.
* Understand basic plating process.
* Able to do basic pre and post grind plating calculations.
* Knowledge of feeds, speeds, dressing wheels, use of coolants and oils.
* Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced vibration tools in order to perform precision grinding operations.
* Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
* Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
* Handling of customer hardware using proper methods.
* Reviews router for processing instruction and completion
* Use of precision measuring instruments to verify dimensions of product for accuracy and conformance to specifications
* Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department team lead.
* Cross train
* Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
Associated topics: automated machinery, cad, cnc machining, composite laminator, computer aided manufacturing, computer aided manufacturing, fabrication, precision, precision machining, programming