Summary Sets up and operates CNC controlled press brake to fabricate parts according to specifications in an efficient and timely manner. Perform other production tasks. Assist in achieving priorities of safety, quality, schedule, and cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated established knowledge and skill in performing set-ups and operating machines.
- Specialized understanding and skill requires performing more complex machine set-up and adjustments.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Verify that parts are properly loaded and that surfaces are properly prepared for fabricating. Confirm machine settings, tooling and/or fixtures are appropriate to the part being run.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required. Perform routine machine maintenance.
- Perform a variety of other production tasks and assist as required. May perform simple, repetitive manual and automated finishing operations. May perform hand deburring, grinding, assembly, and welding operations on uncomplicated products.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or 3 to 4 years of appropriate previous CNC fabricating machining experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Tecomet is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/VET/DISABLED
Associated topics: automated, cnc machining, composite laminator, computer numeric control, computer aided manufacturing, fabrication, machine operator, precision machining, programming, smt machine