* Hazardous Duty Pay * Law Enforcement & Custodial Officers System (LECOS) Retirement * TDCJ Training Academy Required * Telephonic Interviews Will Not Be Accepted * Work Site Visits Will Be Conducted * No Study Material * Extensive Overnight Travel
1. Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent
2. Seven years full-time, wage-earning facilities maintenance or
construction experience. Thirty semester hours from a college or
university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council
for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States
Department of Education (USDE) may be substituted for each year
of experience on a year-for-year basis for a maximum of three years.
3. Two years full-time, wage-earning experience in the supervision
of employees or offenders.
4. Water or wastewater plant operations or maintenance experience
5. Current Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) water
or wastewater license preferred.
The salary for an ERS Retiree (or non-contributing member) will
The following Military Occupational Specialty codes are generally
applicable to this position. Applicants must fully complete the
summary of experience to determine if minimum qualifications are met.
* Applicants who want to schedule an appointment for a work site visit must call the contact person listed below.* * Outside applicants will be required to submit to pre-employmentdrug testing as a condition of employment.*
Applicants must submit the State of Texas Application For Employment and the applicable supplement for outsideapplicants (PERS 282)or current TDCJ employees (PERS 598) to the contact person listed on the job posting. Applications may also besubmitted through the Work In Texas website; however, the applicable supplement must also be submitted to thecontact person. Questions regarding the position or application process can be directed to thecontact person's email address; however, applications will not be accepted by email.
La Shanque Cole
2 Financial Plaza, Suite 400
Huntsville, TX 77340
* Applicants who fax an application are requested to fax both their State of Texas Application for Employment and the applicable supplement. Applicants who wish to submit their application with attachments should either hand deliver it to the contact person or send it via U.S.Mail or overnight delivery.*
Faxed applications must be complete and legible in order to be considered and must not have been sent from a fax machine located at a TDCJ unit or department.
Applications must be received by the contact person by 5:00PM on03-13-2019. A complete job description and all application formsmay be obtained at the above address or by viewing the Job Description.Job Descriptions are available in PDF format which maybe read with the freeAdobe Reader.
* Equal Opportunity Employer*
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.