You'll be sharing your talent in crafting a quality cup of coffee with our in-house roasted single-origin and top-tier specialty blends. There are no automated machines with buttons here - you'll be grinding, tamping and hand pulling espresso shots. You'll also need a steady hand to brew pour overs, specialty loose leaf tea, and participate in cuppings to stay current with ACR's latest offerings. You'll be sharing your passion and knowledge of coffee and tea with our customers, handling the morning rush with grace and calmness, and providing unparalleled customer service.
This position includes leadership of our Coffee Bar and packaged coffee set. Reporting directly to Allegro Coffee the following responsibilities will be a major part of your job:
* Work cooperatively with Allegro Coffee Company and Regional Coffee Coordinator to establish annual plans and budget for Coffee category and ensure revenues, expenses and margins are on target each period.
* Perform tasks associated with the job including purchasing, receiving, invoice handling, inventory and margin reconciliation.
* Develop positive working relationship with other departments within Whole Foods including Store Team Leader, department team leaders and marketing team.
* Interview, hire and train team members to sustain high performance and minimize turnover.
* Cultivates a welcoming environment for guests and team members, serving as a gathering place that consistently delivers the highest quality coffee and tea products with unparalleled customer service.
* Builds excitement around the coffee program through delivering quality products, providing efficient and friendly service, and by creating a warm and welcoming environment.
* Perform all aspects of managing a coffee bar including:
* Manage and execute weekly schedule
* Ensure Coffee Bar meets all Health Department and Food Safety Standards including equipment maintenance and cleaning.
* Daily cash register operations and cash count.
* Implement promotional programs.
* Conduct team member job dialogs.
* Proven successful caf? or restaurant management and team member training
* Knowledge of coffee quality standards and equipment.
* Proven analytical ability and proficiency in math sufficient to calculate margins, monitor profitability and manage inventory.
* Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
* Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends and evenings.
Working conditions: Standing and walking for extended periods of time, up to 8-12 hours. ? Bending, stooping and climbing.
* Mental and physical dexterity. ? Unassisted heavy lifting up to 50 pounds. ? Work in hot temperature due to heat of Roaster.
* Mandatory use of required personal protective equipment. ? Repetition or sequence of duties.
This job posting is not intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job.
It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
Associated topics: back end, front end, gerente de cocina, gm, management, operations, operations manager, shift leader, shift manager, supervisor